April 4, 2008

Website of the Week

Since it is Friday it is time for our occasional weekly feature, Website of the Week, wherein I share with you a link to a website that I have found useful, informative or interesting. I am interested in and curious about many different things, so you can never tell what might turn up here.


I am often asked how I achieve the effect found in yesterday’s photograph where one object is sharply focused to bring attention to it. The answer is that I play with something called depth of field. From today’s website link you can download a simple program called Barnack that illustrates the relationship of depth of field to other camera parameters. While the program is a little technical, you will find the Help file that comes with it useful in coming to understand this important photographic technique.


Today’s website link is: http://www.stegmann.dk/mikkel/barnack/

No comments: